Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mail() me a basket full of joy

I was trying to send out email messages to users upon registering to the websites that are hosted on me, but found out that all of my messages were being regarded as spam from the mail server that I usually connect to. Boy, what a pain that was! I kept getting rejections without being sent back a notice of what the problem was. This has probably been going on for a few weeks now and no one was the wiser.

Luckily the administrator finally caught on to what the issue was and fixed it. (More or less.) Now, it only rejects emails that are marked as SPAM by some database out there for incoming. Outgoing is treated as trusted from me. Yay! It still gets the SPAM filter treatment, but I'm not offended... much. Anyway, there is now a flood of emails being sent out and I doubt anyone is going to be very happy about it. But hey, it works now!

gelbooru_terminate();

No comments: